By connecting your program application to your registered Virginia E-ZPass, VDOT can quickly and efficiently ensure that your trips are counted towards the program and that you are receiving your rebates and discounts accurately.
This also means that your E-ZPass must be properly mounted in your vehicle. Tolls invoiced to your license plate will not be eligible for the Toll Relief Program.
- Open an account with an initial deposit of $20, all of which is available for the payment of tolls.
- There are no additional costs or processing fees to start or maintain your E-ZPass account.
- You can add funds to your E-ZPass by purchasing an E-ZPass Reload Card, online or at any E-ZPass Customer Service Center.
- If an E-ZPass runs out of funds and an invoice is mailed, you’re responsible for paying the invoice separately. Adding more funds to your E-ZPass will not pay the invoice.
- Using E-ZPass saves you up to 66 percent at the Downtown and Midtown tunnels – helping your Toll Relief discount go further!
E-ZPass Reload Card
You’ve always been able to replenish your Virginia E-ZPass account with cash at our E-ZPass Walk-in Centers.
Now you can cash replenish at participating Virginia retailers, too, with the E-ZPass Reload Card.
The Reload Card is a wallet-size re-useable card that can be linked to your Virginia E-ZPass account.
You can use it to manually replenish your account with cash at any participating retailer.
To learn more, visit EZPassVa.com or call toll-free 877-762-7824.